Because you only live once, treat yourself to a helicopter tour over Oklahoma City and the surrounding area. We have the downtown river walk, lakes, skyscrapers, parks, universities, and during the Christmas season the beautiful Christmas Lights Ride. We’ve flown thousands of customers around the city already and hope that you’ll be next! Your trip starts at Interstate Helicopters, Inc., Wiley Post Airport, Hangar #4
Christmas Light Tours Available starting the first week after Thanksgiving through New Years, flights take place Thursday’s, Friday’s, and Saturday’s
- Christmas Light Tour #1 – This ride is $95.00 per person and is a 20 minute ride which covers down Oklahoma City, Chesapeake Energy, Nichols Hills and Lake Hefner.
- Christmas Light Tour #2 – This ride is a 40 minute flight for $170.00 per person that encompasses Downtown, Chesapeake Energy, Nichols Hills, Lake Hefner, Oak Tree and Gaillardia.
- Christmas Light Tour #3 – This ride is also a 40 minute flight which flies over downtown, Lake Hefner, Chesapeake Energy and Yukon’s Christmas in the Park. Price $170.00 per person.
- There are also tours where you can rent a Robinson R44 Raven II helicopter for an hour and you can go any place you want within the hour tour. The cost is $585.00 per hour and you can have a total of 3 passengers. So let your imaginations take off, and then head off for a wonderful flight and great memories!
To schedule a tour or a special flight, call us at 405-440-1053.
- We can accommodate up to three passengers (220 lb limit per person, 590 lbs total of the three passengers)
- Photos are encouraged therefore bring a camera!
- We welcome children of any age (under two years of age, the child can fly free on an adult’s lap). If over 3 years of age it is a FAA requirement for them to have their own seat.
- The best time of the day to fly: Mornings are typically the smoothest. Evening flights are also smooth, plus you may enjoy a beautiful sunset and the lights of downtown Oklahoma City are beautiful.
What people are saying
Our son has always wanted to fly helicopters so we purchased him a Discovery Flight for his 16th birthday and when we arrived for the lesson/flight, I have never seen him so excited in my life. After the lesson and flight was completed we went to dinner and he never stopped talking about getting to fly a helicopter. You would have thought he had just flown around the world and set a new record! It was great! He was given a certificate for his flight from Interstate Helicopters and it is framed and mounted in his bedroom! Simply a great memory and birthday!
What an adventure! This was by far the most incredible way to experience
Oklahoma City and the surrounding area. Seeing the City light up and all the wonderful Christmas lights was simply beautiful.
I have lived here for over 20 years and never seen Oklahoma City in such a
breathtaking and unique way. It will be an experience I remember for a
lifetime! I would recommend this to anyone!
I was surprised by how many trees there were in and around the area,
and how much beauty there was in the architecture and landscape. I
enjoyed the close-up views of downtown, the ball park, the river walk and the new Devon building, up close might I add and then flying over Guthrie, Oklahoma’s original State capital it was more than I expected.
The tour was so much more than I expected and it was breathless being
able to see the city from a bird’s perspective. Above and beyond the
experience of just being in a helicopter, you were an awesome tour guide!!
The way you explained everything from the types of jets in the hangar to
the mechanisms of the helicopter. It made it a great experience and one everyone should get a change to enjoy. A+++.
Special Flights: Engagements
On many of our flights, the passengers sat down in the helicopter as single people and walked out as an engaged couple. Each passenger gets a noise-canceling headset, which makes it easy to communicate. The intercom system has a “pilot isolate” setting so we aren’t sure what any of the men said but no woman ever refused the proposal.